heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Other > Torrents

Old 2008-01-15, 00:00   #1
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Fame

Note 1: Look at bottom of post for some screenshots.
Note 2: When a torrent here gets updated you don't have to download everything again. Keep all files you already downloaded, remove the .torrent from the queue in your BitTorrent client, download the updated .torrent from here and save it in the same folder as before and it will add the new episodes only.
Note 3: 2016-01-18 If you rather want to watch these episodes on YouTube I just noticed some patient person uploaded them there https://www.youtube.com/user/FameEpisodes

Season 1 (DOWNLOAD)
Size: 14,1GB
Note: Episode 1x07 is from the Swedish broadcast and has subtitles hard coded into the picture.

Season 2 (DOWNLOAD)
Size: 21,3GB
Missing episodes: 2x20
Note: Episode 2x20 has been skipped both in Canada, France and in Sweden where Fame has aired in recent years. If anyone know why, I'd be happy if you could share that info. Episode 2x20 is the concert from Royal Albert Hall and it was released on laserdisc once. A copy of it was shared on a public torrent site some time ago and I reshare that copy here for those who want it.
http://forum.heavenly-voices.com/att...1&d=1227373127

Season 3 (DOWNLOAD)
Size: 20,5GB
Note 1: Episode 3x20 is from the Swedish broadcast and has subtitles hard coded into the picture.
Note 2: Episodes 3x23 and 3x24 are missing the preview and some or all of the theme song but episodes are complete otherwise.

Season 4 (DOWNLOAD)
Size: 23,2GB
Note 1: Episode 4x10 is from the Swedish broadcast and has subtitles hard coded into the picture.
Note 2: The sound is really bad on several of the episodes in this season. It appears that the soundtrack was re-mixed for some unknown reason and the volume of the music and background is now much too high compared to the voice track making it impossible sometimes to hear what the actors say and sing.

Season 5 (DOWNLOAD)
Size: 19,1GB
Note: Episode 5x02 is from the Swedish broadcast and has subtitles hard coded into the picture.

Season 6 (DOWNLOAD)
Size: 19,8GB

And finally, don't miss the reunion show: http://forum.heavenly-voices.com/showthread.php?p=733

Dear Fame friends.

You may find it odd that I share a television series on this forum but since it's full of great music I think it fits quite nicely into the forum theme.

If you were a teenager during the 80s, like myself, chances are that you were fascinated by this TV series. For many, many years, fans all around the world have waited for it to be released on DVD. A couple of years ago season 1 was finally released but not without problems. Every episode usually contains two music pieces and most of them have a unique composer. To be able to release the episodes on DVD every copyright holder had to be contacted and asked for permission and there are plenty of them. From what I have understood, from interviews with cast members and others, the cost and effort to accomplish this was huge and for the same reasons chances look slim that we will ever see another season on DVD. Once again a typical example where copyright turns against the audience but now the audience turn against copyright!

Now and then some TV station chose to broadcast some or all of "Fame". Here in Europe it has appeared on Italian, French and German television over the past years. Unfortunately, all these countries chose to dub the soundtrack in their native language making those broadcasts pretty useless to the rest of us. Here in Sweden we normally get to keep the original audio but get subtitles instead. "Fame" hasn't been aired here though for 15 years or so but just recently it started airing on a pay-TV channel here. If every season will be aired, I don't know right now.

Luckily I have a very good friend in the US who offered to record "Fame" for me when Canadian TV station "Much More Music" started airing it a year ago or so. The American NTSC version is actually preferred because of its original English soundtrack and lack of subtitles. Converting the NTSC version to PAL also introduces a change in audio pitch for the first two seasons (which were filmed) and a degradation in video quality for the remaining seasons where frame rate had to be converted.

You have to understand that it is a tremendous undertaking not only to record all these episodes but also to edit out commercials, fixing audio sync and sharing them. The friend I'm talking of is Wilson who you can find on this forum and you really should consider thanking him for the recordings. Despite all work, I will in time try to share with you every episode I can get my hands on. I'm in the middle of downloading and editing the episodes but I have chosen to start sharing what I have compiled so far. Some episodes are missing and I will try to add them later on, either from "Much More Music" or from other sources.

Please, try to share these episodes whenever you can. I won't ask of you to have your computers running all the time. I just beg you to leave the torrents in your BitTorrent queues when you have finished downloading them and start the program whenever you are using your computer anyway and don't need your bandwidth for other things. That way you will greatly help all other "Fame" fans to get a copy. One final note: ONLY DOWNLOAD ONE SEASON AT A TIME! These files are huge and will put a tremendous strain mainly on my own Internet connection. If you download several seasons in parallel it will take you forever to finish.

Happy downloading and "Fame" WILL live forever!

/Morgan

P.S
Here are some screenshots for you to judge the quality. As usual with any mpeg compression quality is generally quite good in scenes with little movement but becomes fuzzy in scenes with lots of it. Also, switching from film to video in season 3 didn't really help quality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alone in a Crowd.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	426Click image for larger version

Name:	A Special Place.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	427Click image for larger version

Name:	Solo Song.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	428Click image for larger version

Name:	Relationships.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	429Click image for larger version

Name:	Hail to the Chief.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	430Click image for larger version

Name:	Lisa's Song.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	431Click image for larger version

Name:	The Return of Doctor Scorpio.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	432Click image for larger version

Name:	Coco Returns.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	433Click image for larger version

Name:	Contacts.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	434Click image for larger version

Name:	Love Kittens Go to High School.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	435
Attached Files
File Type: torrent Fame - Season 6.torrent (201.1 KB, 646 views)
File Type: torrent Fame - Season 1.torrent (143.2 KB, 495 views)
File Type: torrent Fame - Season 2.torrent (225.2 KB, 682 views)
File Type: torrent The Kids From Fame Live At Royal Albert Hall.torrent (28.2 KB, 482 views)
File Type: torrent Fame - Season 3.torrent (207.9 KB, 706 views)
File Type: torrent Fame - Season 4.torrent (235.4 KB, 614 views)
File Type: torrent Fame - Season 5.torrent (193.9 KB, 543 views)
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to pp For This Useful Post:
Old 2008-01-22, 19:43   #2
mildani

mildani is on a distinguished road
Hm, so you have to have a programme instaled to download this, right? *curious* Sorry for the lack of knowledge on the matter. And thanks in advance for sharing this
mildani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 20:34   #3
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
You're welcome mildani.

Yes, you always need some sort of program to download things. You probably use your web-browser to download today and that's a program too although people usually don't think of it because it's included in your operating system.
For the things I share on this forum I chose to go with BitTorrent partly because it's the most commonly used filesharing software today but also because it has many user friendly features built-in. Among other things it automatically checks for errors and automatically resumes an interrupted download. You can read all you need to know in this thread.
Old 2008-01-23, 21:19   #4
mildani

mildani is on a distinguished road
Oh, thank you so much for the clarification. I'll be sure to read it all carefully once I get some time. Once again, thanks.
mildani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 04:28   #5
pp
Administrator

Episodes 3x01 and 3x05 have been added to season 3 download.
Old 2008-02-11, 04:06   #6
KitKat4234

KitKat4234 is on a distinguished road
I just want to say Thank you for providing this to other fans of this great show. I saw your post on fameforever.net and knew that I had to check this out to see if I could download.

I am not a big fan of P2P or filesharing...whatever the technical name may be but this torrent site seems to be a bit more secure than a site that I checked out in the past. I've received no pop-ups and only had one intrusion attempt. I feared that when I blocked it it would stop the download but the download has continued.

Because the file size is so big, I am only 5.3% done after 3 1/2 hours. Sometimes the speed is fast but then will slow down dramatically. I'm not an expert at this so I don't know if its me or others also trying to download.. I look forward to having these episodes as well as downloading season 3 once Season 2 is complete.
KitKat4234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 04:16   #7
pp
Administrator

You're welcome KitKat. At the moment, I'm the only one sharing the episodes so your download will vary depending on how much I use my bandwidth for other things. If you're using µTorrent you won't see any pop-ups - however, there are other torrent-clients that DO include pop-ups, it isn't something related to torrents itself but depends on what software you're using.
The intrusion attempt you're talking about is really not an intrusion. It's a normal behaviour for any p2p-program. To properly share and download files from others you have to allow incoming connections specifically to this program. It will report as an "intrusion" in your firewall but it's misleading. As long as I'm the only one sharing, it doesn't matter but if there were more people downloading this torrent right now you'd have to allow incoming connections to be able to use them too as sources. You will gain speed if you do.
/Morgan
Old 2008-02-11, 04:18   #8
KitKat4234

KitKat4234 is on a distinguished road
OOps, ok. Thank you for telling me that. Off to fix it :-)
KitKat4234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 23:49   #9
pp
Administrator

I have added some screenshots to my original post so you can all judge the quality for yourselves.
/Morgan
Old 2008-02-24, 22:26   #10
pp
Administrator

Season 4 is available for download now.