heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Sissel Kyrkjebø > Torrents

Old 2009-12-19, 23:38   #1
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Jul, jul, strålende jul (20091219)

This is the same concert as the one on the radio from last week. But this is the televised version and it's longer and it has four more songs for us to enjoy. It includes Sissel's praised version of "Oh Holy Night" and I had goose bumps all over when she sang it. Sissel is beautiful and elegant as always and she never seems to age. Odd is exactly like his name says - odd. He looks somewhat like a farmboy but he sings great and he and Sissel work very well together. I've included both Norwegian and English subtitles so download and enjoy!
Filelist:
Jul, jul, strålende jul.eng.sub
Jul, jul, strålende jul.mpg
Jul, jul, strålende jul.nor.sub
tracklist.txt
Filesize: 2,7GB
Recorded: 2009-11-28, Oslo Spektrum, Oslo, Norway
Aired: 2009-12-19, NRK1, Norway, "Jul, jul, strålende jul"
Video: MPEG2 720x576i 25fps AR 16:9
Audio 1: MPEG1 Layer II 2.0 48kHz 256kbit/s
Audio 2: N/A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20091219-1.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	897   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20091219-2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	898   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20091219-3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	899   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20091219-4.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	900   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20091219-5.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	901   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20091219-6.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	902  
Attached Files
File Type: txt tracklist.txt (478 Bytes, 50 views)
File Type: torrent sissel-20091219.torrent (28.1 KB, 107 views)
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pp For This Useful Post:
Old 2010-02-06, 14:34   #2
ANDREW HORVATH

ANDREW HORVATH is on a distinguished road
thank you!

thank you for making this programme available.even though i needed help and it took me five hours to download it the effort was worth it.sissel looked and sounded absolutely stunning(nothing unusual in that).the techincal quality was also excellent,better than i had any right to expect.was it originally aired in high definition i wonder?i have shown it already to a few of my workfriends here in australia and they were just as impressed as i was.her singing transcends all languages,she is truly the queen of all angels.
ANDREW HORVATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 15:24   #3
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
You're welcome Andrew. This was a standard definition broadcast. As far as I know, NRK don't broadcast in high definition yet. Historically, the national public television companies in Norway, Sweden and Denmark have always maintained exceptionally good quality in their broadcasts and they carried that legacy with them into the digital era. Resolution is standard DVD resolution and the bitrate used in Sweden actually surpasses that of DVD. Norway and Denmark use slightly lower bitrate but you couldn't tell the difference. The only complaint I have on this Norwegian broadcast is the audio. Despite the high bitrate, the high frequencies still suffer from some typical digital compression distortions. The audio technician should've lowpass filtered the audio somewhat but who am I to complain when we're finally treated with such a wonderful and rare performance by Sissel.
Old 2010-07-15, 13:36   #4
sisselfan

sisselfan is on a distinguished road
Hi! I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this problem has been covered in some other thread already, but I downloaded this concert and I can't play it in any player (and I tried a lot of them). Did it cause that same problem for anyone else who watched it, and if not, which program did you use to play it? I had that same problem with one other video, but I can't remember which one exactly, as I thought that there might have been something wrong with the file, so I just ignored it. Now that it's happened again, I figured it might be something else going on. I hope someone can help me with this because I really want to see this concert - I think my username shows why. Thanks!
And btw, thanks for putting all those appearances available for us to see here, that's awesome, keep it up.

Last edited by sisselfan; 2010-07-15 at 13:41.
sisselfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 14:54   #5
pp
Administrator

Thanks sisselfan and welcome. VLC should always work since it has a builtin MPEG2 decoder. For other players you need an external MPEG2 codec (assuming you're using Windows). If for some strange reason VLC doesn't work, I need to know what its message log complains about.
Old 2010-07-16, 02:16   #6
sisselfan

sisselfan is on a distinguished road
Thanks a lot! I mistook flv player for vlc, that's why I thought I tried them all. Now it's working fine and I can't wait to watch it again, and this time understand it all. I managed to watch it yesterday afternoon before reading your reply, but I watched it without the subtitles. Renaming them (so they wouldn't open) seemed to be the only way to play the video in WMP. Therefore, I didn't understand a thing they said in between the songs. All the other programs seem to have a problem with the subtitles for this one as well, but vlc has no problem at all and that makes me happy. Thanks again!

Last edited by sisselfan; 2010-07-16 at 02:24.
sisselfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 12:00   #7
ANDREW HORVATH

unfortuneatley my download did not come with any subtitles.is there a way to access them without downloading the file again in it's entirety?i am not so much bothered about the song lyrics but it would have been nice to know what Sissel and Odd were talking about between songs.i will cherish this concert forever.many thanks once again.
Old 2010-07-17, 12:09   #8
pp
Administrator

Are you absolutely sure you didn't get the two .sub-files from the filelist in the first post? If you intentionally didn't download them you can just download the torrent again and point it to the same location you saved it initially and it will only add the missing files. However, I think it's more likely you use a player that can't handle subtitles. I still recommend everyone to use VLC.
Old 2010-07-30, 12:22   #9
ANDREW HORVATH

yes i have checked my download and indeed i do have those 2 subtitles files.i will try the VLC player as you have suggested.also, i would like to ask you about another Sissel performance.the concert in the park of her hometown of Bergen in june of 2009 with the Welsh baritone Brynn Terfel.a few days after the concert a couple of home handycam video clips appeared on youtube.there was also a video clip that looked to me very much like a promotional clip and professionally shot(Sissel singing part of wait a while and Ave Maria).do you know if this concert was broadcast all and if so where i could get a hold of it?any assistance would be appreciated.many thanks
Old 2010-07-30, 14:17   #10
pp
Administrator

To my knowledge it hasn't been broadcast anywhere although I got the impression back then that it was being recorded. I did however record a couple of Norwegian news shows that featured short reports that briefly showed Sissel and Bryn on stage. I never found them interesting enough to share though. I could probably go find them if you desperately want them.