heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Other > Torrents

Old 2008-02-25, 19:38   #11
KitKat4234

KitKat4234 is on a distinguished road
Yay!! I've been checking this forum to see that news :-)
KitKat4234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 02:48   #12
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Season 5 added - only missing one episode. Season 6 won't be ready until early May. Still need new recordings of several episodes in the second half of that season.
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 03:57   #13
KitKat4234

Awesome!! Thank you. You just gave me my birthday present 4 days early :-).

And thank you for the information about Season 6 so I won't write you and bug you about it....lol. Off to download!!
Old 2008-03-20, 11:55   #14
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Ah, I should have held on to it for another four days then ;-) Well, congratulations in advance! Don't watch all episodes in one day now...
Old 2008-03-22, 02:34   #15
dgiljum

dgiljum is on a distinguished road
Thank you for having these available - I've been going nuts wanting to watch them!
dgiljum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 08:58   #16
KitKat4234

I haven't been able to be a seed because I keep my completed downloads on my external hard drive. But I have copied S2 back over to my main temporarily as I noticed there was a peer downloading and I was wondering if it was slowing down my S5 download (it was taking longer than usual).

So, I will repeat what pp posted ages ago...be a seed if you can...it helps...lol.
Old 2008-03-22, 13:46   #17
pp
Administrator

I have 5 people downloading different things from me right now and since I'm the only seed as usual download speed will drop for everybody, that's why I need your help whenever you can. However, if you're on an Internet connection where there's a huge difference between maximum upload and download speed (like normal DSL or cable), your download speed will suffer if you use your upload at its max. There are advanced ways to get around this but none that's supported by Windows or any home broadband router. What you can and should do instead is to limit your global upload speed in BitTorrent to about 80% of your maximum upload, then your download will usually work more smoothly.
Old 2008-03-22, 14:49   #18
pp
Administrator

Just adding another thought to this... I know your download speed is 1Mbit/s and your upload is much, much less. My main concern is with those people who has an UPLOAD of 1Mbit/s. The majority of broadband connections in Europe have an upload of 0,5Mbit/s or more and they can really help out and I know we have several of those among the forum members. I won't put a burden on people with less speed than that although it's very nice of you to want to help and I won't stop you from doing that of course. Thanks Kat, you're a great role model for the other members!
Old 2008-03-22, 18:28   #19
KitKat4234

I'm not good at figuring out what 80% of my speed should be but I have the upload at a max of 15K. Should I move it up or lower it?

I see that there are now peers for S3 & S4 so I will copy those over as well. Unfortunately, after S5 is complete for me I will be unable to be a peer...I need to the room on my main drive still...lol.
Old 2008-03-22, 19:16   #20
pp
Administrator

If you remove the upload limit temporarily you should be able to see what max speed you can achieve and then just take 80% or so of that value.