heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Sissel KyrkjebÝ > Torrents

Notices

Old 2007-12-14, 23:03   #1
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Frostroses 2006 (20071214)

Yet another Christmas concert with Sissel. This one was recorded 2006 in Iceland and Sissel performs with a few other famous European singers. Sissel performs well and the concert was highly appreciated by those who attended it but in my opinion some of the singers have a long way to go before even getting close to Sissel's talent. The production of this concert really sucks though. The scenography is extremely ugly and looks as if they were in the middle of renovating the place. Whoever was responsible for it should learn from the Mormon Tabernacle concerts how to make a stage suited for a Christmas concert! The technical quality of this video isn't that great either. It's noisy and the microphones have colour artifacts you only see in video mixed with very old equipment.
Anyway, Sissel is Sissel and she performed four songs here. For those who want to download the full show, I've added a torrent for that too but that file is almost 2GB.

Code:
Filelist:
---------
01 - Mitt hjerte alltid vanker.mpg
02 - O Come All Ye Faithful (with Ragga).mpg
03 - In the Lonely Dark of Night (with EivÝr).mpg
04 - Frostroses (with EivÝr, Eleftheria, Patricia & Ragga) (End Credits).mpg
Code:
Filesize: 585MB (1,9GB for the entire show)
Recorded: 2006-12-05, Iceland, Reykjavik, Hallgrimskirkja Cathedral
   Aired: 2007-12-14, TV4 Plus, Sweden,
          "Frostroses - julkonsert frŚn Island"
   Video: MPEG2 704x576i 25fps AR 16:9
 Audio 1: MPEG1 Layer II 2.0 48kHz 256kbit/s
 Audio 2: N/A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20071214-1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	244   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20071214-2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	245   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20071214-3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	246   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20071214-4.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	247  
Attached Files
File Type: txt tracklist.txt (709 Bytes, 50 views)
File Type: torrent sissel-20071214.torrent (23.9 KB, 75 views)
File Type: torrent sissel-20071214-entire_show.torrent (39.4 KB, 70 views)
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pp For This Useful Post:
Old 2007-12-16, 19:15   #2
Stenar

Stenar is on a distinguished road
Thank you!

Thank you for posting the Frostroses concert. Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on the poor production.

But Sissel was good.
Stenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 19:21   #3
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
You're welcome Stenar. The concert is also aired on Norwegian television on the 26th. I'll record that one too, crossing my fingers they got a better copy. To be honest, after seeing this televised version I no longer feel like buying the DVD.
Old 2008-02-18, 17:08   #4
Turbidblue

Turbidblue is on a distinguished road
You're right with the poor production... I mean, is the end credits supposed to be a joke? I tried and paused under the end credits just for fun to se if it were possible to read the credits then and it was - barely!

I haven't downloaded the whole show yet (I'm suffering a bit bad connection right now it will take me a while, hmm) but Sissel's part of it was really good (of course! )
Turbidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:30   #5
pp
Administrator

Yes, using a thin, curly font like that was really a bad choice. It probably looked good on the producer's computer monitor but he should have known a TV set is quite limited in its ability to render the full digital resolution. The Norwegian version wasn't better. Although the bitrate was higher the source was still equally bad so it didn't help. Sissel is always good though, despite lousy production. Btw, noticed you sorted out your speed problems now... happy downloading.
Old 2008-03-16, 13:06   #6
Turbidblue

Thanks, I'll do my best but it isn't that easy when I don't have internet in my appartment .

You wrote that you thought the other singers were not as good as Sissel, and I agree, but I also want to add to the discussion that EivÝr actually is a great performer! She's done some really good albums and is extremely good live!!! I've seen her twice and she's just unbelievable good, her voice is amazing and you just get totally obsessed when you're there. My only out-of-body experience, haha. She's much better than she were in this concert (even though I liked "Ett barn..." in her version much more than usual, I think that's one of the most annoying christmas carols ever,grrr).

Promise me to check her out on youtube or you'll miss something!

Two videos to get you started:
Where Are The Angels
MŚ solen alltid skina

EivÝr's myspace-page where you can hear some songs.

Last edited by Turbidblue; 2008-03-16 at 13:12.
Old 2008-03-16, 23:39   #7
pp
Administrator

I think that smaller production suits her style better, closer to her audience. Reminds me a little of Jewel actually. I'll just continue to blame the producers of Frostroses.
Old 2008-03-17, 14:28   #8
Turbidblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp View Post
I think that smaller production suits her style better, closer to her audience. Reminds me a little of Jewel actually. I'll just continue to blame the producers of Frostroses.
I prefer EivÝr though , and yeah, you're probably right.

Soon finnished with my first really heavy download schedule, have some problems with chosing what to download next.
Old 2008-12-13, 13:30   #9
elmagotti

elmagotti is on a distinguished road
Can someone please go in and seed that whole concert torrent again? I have been looking for that for like a year now..

Or does someone knows anywhere else to download it? My girlfriend really want me to get it
elmagotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 18:48   #10
pp
Administrator

Every torrent here is always seeded by at least myself. If you can't download, you should read section 5 and 6 in the Bittorrent FAQ since the concepts discussed there are the cause of failed downloads in 9 cases out of 10.