heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Sissel Kyrkjebø > Torrents

Notices

Old 2007-12-31, 18:00   #1
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Julekonsert med Sissel og the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (20081221)

Prepare yourselves for something extraordinary! This is the televised version of Sissel's Christmas concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir from 2006. This is by far the best I've ever had the pleasure to watch. Sissel once again amazes me with her wonderful voice and appearance. The choir is immense and professional and the production and quality of this concert, both technical and artistic, is simply breathtaking. I've watched my DVD copy of this concert so many times already, both alone and with friends, and I know I will watch it many times more.
One thing that differs in this version compared to the DVD version is that Sissel's spoken parts are in Norwegian. Since the concert was held two or three times, I guess the producer chose one of them to honor Sissel's Nordic background this way.
Filelist:
---------
Julekonsert med Sissel og the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.mpg
Julekonsert med Sissel og the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.sub
tracklist.txt
Filesize: 2,6GB
Recorded: 2006-12-14/15/16, Temple Square, Salt Lake City, United States
Aired: 2008-12-21, NRK1, Norway, "Julekonsert med Sissel og the Mormon Tabernacle Choir"
Video: MPEG2 720x576i 25fps AR 16:9
Audio 1: MPEG1 Layer II 2.0 48kHz 256kbit/s
Audio 2: N/A
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20081221-1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	857   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20081221-2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	858   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20081221-3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	859   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20081221-4.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	860   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20081221-5.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	861   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20081221-6.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	862   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20081221-7.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	863   Click image for larger version

Name:	sissel-20081221-8.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	864  
Attached Files
File Type: txt tracklist.txt (441 Bytes, 33 views)
File Type: torrent sissel-20081221.torrent (27.1 KB, 83 views)
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pp For This Useful Post:
Old 2008-01-06, 11:07   #2
Wilson
Releaser

Wilson will become famous soon enoughWilson will become famous soon enough
Thanks PP for the clips
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 11:40   #3
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
A little bird told me you have the HD version...
Old 2008-01-06, 16:53   #4
maestro

maestro is on a distinguished road
Thanks PP for the clips
maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 19:05   #5
pp
Administrator

You're all very welcome. It's my pleasure to share some of the music I enjoy so much myself. Genuine artists like Sissel, not produced and shaped by the Idol music factories, are very rare today.
/Morgan
Old 2008-01-06, 22:23   #6
wherelovelives

wherelovelives is a jewel in the roughwherelovelives is a jewel in the roughwherelovelives is a jewel in the roughwherelovelives is a jewel in the rough
Julsånger med Sissel Kyrkjebø

I noticed that they left out Sissel`s outstanding perfomance of "Like An Angel Passing Through My Room" from this version..
wherelovelives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 00:33   #7
pp
Administrator

It's a nice song but not really something you sing for Christmas so it was probably the right choice when they had to shrink the show to an hour. I will most likely be punished for the rest of my life for saying this but I thought the best song of the whole concert was the choir's and orchestra's performance of "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" - and Sissel wasn't even in it! It grows and grows and it's almost like a crescendo at the end and the close-ups of the choir members clearly shows how much they enjoy singing it. It's so good the hair on my arms stand on end every time I listen to it... sorry Sissel, but even your heavenly voice have a hard time competing against 360 of them.
Old 2009-06-27, 13:42   #8
pp
Administrator

I have replaced this video with the Norwegian broadcast. As you may know by now, I don't care much for hardcoded subtitles and the Swedish broadcast was full of them whenever Sissel spoke. This Norwegian version only has hardcoded subtitles at one point early in the concert where the narrator presents Sissel. Much better!
Old 2009-08-15, 16:27   #9
perry

perry is on a distinguished road
Too big...

I have a problem saving this file because it's too big and there isn't so much space in my PC (and there won't be for a long time!). Would it be possible to have also an alternative size of (let's say) 1GB? I don't know if this sounds stupid but, having noticed that you are very collaborative and helpful, I decided to ask for it. If it's impossible, nevermind... Thanks.
perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 21:46   #10
pp
Administrator

You could fit that file on a USB thumbdrive for a few euro so lack of space is not an excuse.
Making the file smaller would mean it would have to be reencoded into a lesser quality format. That would defeat the purpose of this forum which is to provide the best visual and technical quality versions available of these performances. There are literally tons of filesharing sites all over the net already providing smaller versions of most of the files you can find here. Since this concert was released on DVD I'm certain it can be found as an Xvid DVD-rip. Google is your friend.