heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Other > Torrents

Old 2008-09-09, 10:40   #41
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
The strange thing is that there are four other concert episodes and they are aired every time. Episode 2x20 was released on laserdisc though so my guess is that there are other copyright owners for that one and/or other agreements regarding its use. We'll just have to find someone who can make us a capture of that laserdisc...
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 22:44   #42
mildani

mildani is on a distinguished road
Oh, the live concerts were included in the original airing? I didn't know that, but it's pretty cool! Too bad that one episode is missing.

I've just started downloading season 3! I am so happy that season 2 has finally finished and I can't wait to have a Fame marathon one of these days
mildani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 03:52   #43
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
I've had a Fame marathon compiling and editing these episodes for the past year and a half and I probably never wanna watch them again.
But the concert episodes are the best and my favourite is "3x11 - Fame looks at music '83". They look great and they sing great and I've got some screenshots here for you all to drool over.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	debbie.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	623   Click image for larger version

Name:	valerie.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	624   Click image for larger version

Name:	carlo_cindy.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	625   Click image for larger version

Name:	billy.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	626   Click image for larger version

Name:	gene.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	627   Click image for larger version

Name:	valerie_carlo.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	628   Click image for larger version

Name:	valerie2.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	629   Click image for larger version

Name:	valerie3.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	630   Click image for larger version

Name:	gene_carlo.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	631   Click image for larger version

Name:	carlo.jpg
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	632   Click image for larger version

Name:	debbie2.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	633   Click image for larger version

Name:	irene.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	634   Click image for larger version

Name:	billy2.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	635   Click image for larger version

Name:	cindy.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	636   Click image for larger version

Name:	cindy2.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	637   Click image for larger version

Name:	debbie3.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	638   Click image for larger version

Name:	gene2.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	639   Click image for larger version

Name:	cindy_billy.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	640   Click image for larger version

Name:	gene_debbie.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	641   Click image for larger version

Name:	carlo_valerie.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	642   Click image for larger version

Name:	irene2.jpg
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	643  
Old 2008-11-03, 04:33   #44
lawgal

lawgal is on a distinguished road
I have downloaded season 2 and I can watch it using real player. However, I'd like to transfer this to a DVD.

Does anyone know how to burn to a DVD?

I have DVD+R 4.7 GB and DVD+R DL 8.5 GB discs as well as a DVD burner. I just don't know how to proceed.

Any help would be appreciated.
lawgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 11:17   #45
pp
Administrator

If you have no experience at all in creating DVDs, this will be a challenging task for you. Basically this is a two-step process: First you need to run the video files through a DVD authoring software. This is where you create your DVD menus and the output from the program will be the familiar folder structure with VOB-files you can find on any DVD. The second step is simple and only involves burning those VOB-files to a DVD with a recording software that supports DVD-video. There are several programs to chose from for both of these tasks and there are plenty of guides around for it. You might start to read here: http://www.videohelp.com/author#3;6

However, there is one caveat with these particular files - although they are digital MPEG2 files, they're not DVD compliant. They don't have the correct resolution for a DVD video so your authoring software won't accept them. There are two ways to get around that but we're quickly getting pretty advanced here. There are software to patch the videos to fool the authoring software they have the correct resolution and then, after the VOB-files have been created, they can be patched back to their original resolution. Modern DVD-players, manufactured over the past 5 years or so, will happily play these non-compliant VOB-files and display them correctly.
The other approach is to reencode the videos to be DVD compliant. This is a very time consuming task. The files will increase in size because you have to increase the resolution but the quality will drop because you are resizing and reencoding every single frame of the video. You probably don't want to go down that road.

There is a third alternative though. If you're DVD player is capable of playing DivX and other media files, chance is that it can play these Fame episodes if you simply burn them to DVDs as they are - a DVD ISO or data DVD in your recording software. You won't have any fancy DVD menus and stuff, just a simple list of the files, but it might be worth trying. The market is also full of cheap harddrive based media players these days. You could fit every single episode on one of those and they will play the files perfectly.

/Morgan
Old 2008-11-03, 15:55   #46
lawgal

lawgal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp View Post
The market is also full of cheap harddrive based media players these days. You could fit every single episode on one of those and they will play the files perfectly.

Because I'm a beginner, I think this is the best option for me. Is this what you were referring to?

http://www.shop.inoi.com/product.sc?...2&productId=87
lawgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 20:39   #47
pp
Administrator

Yes, there are many different models available from various manufacturers. I use one of these myself: http://www.airlinktek.com/english/pr...php?prod=mg25p
Features are all very similar. Most likely are they all built around the same media chip. As with all digital equipment the biggest problem is usually the controlling software so it's a good idea to chose a player that allows you to easily upgrade the firmware. Also note that even though the player supports output in high definition resolution, that doesn't mean it can play high definition video material. The term "video upscaling" usually means it only plays standard definition resolution media files (like the Fame episodes) and upscales them to the resolution a HDTV has, if you connect the player to such a TV. It was a nice price though for that player. The Fame episodes will only occupy 115GB of the 640GB in that player so you will have plenty of space left for other stuff. :-)
Old 2008-11-22, 18:04   #48
pp
Administrator

Episode 2x20, which has been missing from every broadcast so far, is the concert from Royal Albert Hall. It was released on laserdisc once and I was informed by one of the other members on this forum, that it was shared on a public torrent site some time ago. It's gone from that torrent site now but I was able to download it before it disappeared and I chose to reshare it with you here because it hasn't been commercially available for many, many years. Quality is good although the encoding is a little weird. You can download the concert here: http://forum.heavenly-voices.com/att...1&d=1227373127
/Morgan
Old 2008-12-22, 01:03   #49
pp
Administrator

I have updated the torrent for season 3 with the missing three episodes. 3x20 is from the Swedish broadcast with Swedish subtitles (better than nothing). Episodes 3x23 and 3x24 are from the original MMM broadcast but they are missing the preview and part or all of the theme song. Episodes are complete otherwise.
If you have already downloaded season 3 you can either download the torrent again and save it to the exact same location as before and automatically, only the missing episodes will be downloaded. Or, you can download it into another folder but then you have to manually deselect every episode in the torrent you already have or they will be downloaded once more and you probably don't want that.
/Morgan
Old 2008-12-31, 15:33   #50
llchub

llchub is on a distinguished road
Bring Back Fame

Any chance you caught the airing of Bring Back Fame in the UK? If so, will you be posting it here as well?

Thanks in advance.
Lisa
llchub is offline   Reply With Quote