heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Other

Other Other artists who have not yet earned their own forum.

Old 2010-03-28, 19:53   #1
cbernard

cbernard is on a distinguished road
Malena Ernman

Any chance to get some of Malena's performances from Swedish TV, like "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", "Min Plats På Jorden " or "Koppången"?

Thanks!
cbernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 23:24   #2
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
She shows up now and then on Swedish TV. I'll try to remember to record her for you whenever I see her. If you find out she will appear, just let me know.
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 01:27   #3
cbernard

Thanks Morgan!

If you have DR's Nordiske Julkoncert 2009 she was there. It was aired by STV1, according to the YouTube clip I saw.

Last edited by cbernard; 2010-03-29 at 01:30.
Old 2010-03-29, 11:17   #4
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I remember seeing her there but I didn't save the concert unfortunately. They never air any reruns of that show either so I have to help you with whatever else will come in the future.
Old 2010-03-29, 12:16   #5
pp
Administrator

I realized I still had her appearance on this year's Swedish Eurovision song contest lying around. She won last year and some hard rock band made a cover of her song on the show this year and Malena joins them at the end. Are you interested in that video before I delete it?
Also, do you have the knowledge and tools to edit my raw MPEG2 (transport stream) recordings? It would save me a lot of time if I could just make a rough cut from that file and put on my ftp for you and you could do the fine editing yourself.
Old 2010-03-30, 11:58   #6
cbernard

Don't bother, I have that one from a torrent website. I'm particularly interested in "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" which she sang at the Christmas Concerts (wronlgy named "God Bless" on screen, by the way). But will appreciate any of her appearances from now on :-D
Old 2010-12-20, 12:35   #7
pp
Administrator

I'm no expert on Malena - I'll leave that to cbernard. But Wikipedia's article might be a starting point? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malena_Ernman
Old 2010-12-25, 04:35   #8
cbernard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp View Post
I'm no expert on Malena - I'll leave that to cbernard. But Wikipedia's article might be a starting point? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malena_Ernman
I'm not an expert, but I can tell you she's a Swedish mezzo-spoprano. She won the 2009 Melodiefestivalen, and represented Sweden in Eurovision with the song "La Voix", a mix of opera and pop. Malena then released her album "La Voix du Nord" with songs composed by famous Swedish songwriter Fredrik Kempe.

That's all I know! That and that she has a wonderful voice and that she is incredibely funny.
Old 2010-12-25, 06:32   #9
katbert2008
Releaser

katbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond repute
I think Marita Solberg (Marita Kvarving Sølberg) is also worth to mention. She is a Norweigian opera singer and she sang "Solveig's Song" in the Nobel Peace Prize 2010.

Her "Piangerò la sorte mia" is so captivating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCrIkskx4o
katbert2008 is offline   Reply With Quote