heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Sissel Kyrkjebø

Notices

Sissel Kyrkjebø
The nightingale from Norway with the angelic voice. I gave up the dream of her becoming my wife. I should probably be satisfied if security allows me within 100 meters of her...

Old 2010-09-01, 13:37   #1
katbert2008
Releaser

katbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond repute
A new book on Sissel

An unauthorised biography on Sissel will be released in September. The following news report only tells the story of why Sissel gave up to release her very first album in the United States and this costed her a few millions. The story is well known, so I guess that nothing really private or striking will be included in the book. Anyway, I hope they will release an english version of the book.

http://go.nrk.no/go/e/article;siteId...cle2974089.ece

Google Translater:
http://translate.google.com/translat...cle2974089.ece
katbert2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 21:39   #2
wherelovelives

wherelovelives is a jewel in the roughwherelovelives is a jewel in the roughwherelovelives is a jewel in the roughwherelovelives is a jewel in the rough
A new book on Sissel

SISSEL KYRKJEBØ FLUSHED ONE MILLION DOWN THE TOILET

This fall Stig Nilsson is coming with the unauthorized biography "SISSEL". ¨
According to the author of the book we meet a totally different artist than the one we know from records and concerts.

"-Outwardly Sissel appears as unsure, a bit shy and not very specific.
But when it comes down to it, it is she who takes the most important decisions, with the consequences that follows."
said Stig Nilsson when the book was presented at the Schibsted publishing house Wednesday morning.

The author worked closely with Sissel Kyrkjebø when she recorded the album "Soria Moria".
When the songbird Sissel was released in the U.S., she did not let herself being pushed along by the U.S. producers.

"-It is my opinion that Sissel never really wanted to be a star.
She could meet producers in the United States as she did not like the eyes.
Then she flushed soundtrack that had cost millions to produce down in the toilet.
For it is expensive to produce music over there. Decisions can be very costly." says Nilsson.

"-Sissel thinks that the USA is plastic. There was much she did not like over there.
And when she put down the foot to the most powerful in the industry, it is clear that millions were lost.
A single audio track can cost up to one million dollars." he said.

Nilsson promises that the book he has written will come much closer to a private Sissel Kyrkjebø than the person we know from before.

"-Sissel is very protective on her private life. Now we will know things that she have never talked about before."

"-For me and many others Sissel Kyrkjebø have appeared as a person who is somewhat lost behind a bush.
Then she opened her mouth and sings the shirt of us. Self-taught and independent, our own silver throat." concludes the author.

Sissel's manager, Barry Matheson of the Continental Artist Management will not comment on the book's content.

"-I can not confirm or comment on the allegations in the book since I have not read it.
It is possible, I`ll be foaming through it when it comes out, then we do see." Matheson says to God Kveld Norge.

http://www.tv2underholdning.no/gkn/-...t-3279320.html

Last edited by wherelovelives; 2010-09-02 at 21:54.
wherelovelives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 14:32   #3
katbert2008
Releaser

katbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond repute
An interview with the book author in a Norweigian program:

http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/indeks/229856/

If the above link does not work, try the following one:

The interview starts at 9:00
mms://straumod.nrk.no/disk11/f_rkvel...10_480_600.wmv
Old 2010-09-21, 21:46   #4
wherelovelives

wherelovelives is a jewel in the roughwherelovelives is a jewel in the roughwherelovelives is a jewel in the roughwherelovelives is a jewel in the rough
A new book on Sissel

- SISSEL STOPPED HER OWN MILLIONRECORD

The author Stig Nilsson says in a new biography that a pre-recorded album with huge budget was scrapped because it "didn`t feel right".

This record was recorded in the mid-nineties, and should be Sissel's big breakthrough in the U.S.. Both the Norwegian and the American record industry stood ready to invest in Kyrkjebø, who in 1993 married the 25-year older Danish artist Eddie Skoller.

- Wouldn`t be a star
The reason for the dropped Kyrkjebø album release, was, according to author Stig Nilsson, that she never had any great desire to become a world star.

- The Norwegian press has for 30 years called for a will and a plan behind her career. And she has had it. It was she who took that decision. All around Sissel would make her a star, but Sissel would not be a star," said Stig Nilsson to Nettavisen.

On 20. September he is releasing his book "Sissel" on the Schibsted publishing, an unauthorized biography where the author among other things have interviewed people in the circle around the beloved entertainer. Nilsson himself has also worked with Kyrkjebø, partly as a lyricist for several songs.

- Got advices from Rune Larsen
He believes that an early advice from one of her first managers has been crucial for Sissel's career.

- Rune Larsen was the one who told her that she had to decide what she wanted and stick to it. That she has done, according to Nilson.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.7273674

Last edited by wherelovelives; 2010-09-21 at 21:51.
Old 2010-09-22, 20:26   #5
katbert2008
Releaser

A review on the biography:

http://www.dagsavisen.no/kultur/boker/article509313.ece

The Google translated version:
http://translate.google.com/translat...d%26prmd%3Divo
Old 2010-10-20, 17:26   #6
wherelovelives

A new book on Sissel

Sissel: -This book is not me

A interview with Sissel on Norwegian Television in October 2010.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/hordaland/1.7333489