heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Sissel Kyrkjebø > Torrents > Mikaels's Collection

Notices

Old 2012-06-07, 21:46   #1
katbert2008
Releaser

katbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond repute
re-encoding

Dear all,

I have just found that Windows' media player cannot play the audio of the files uploaded by me. I always use the VLC player which can play almost everything, so I do not realise that there is such a problem. I am sorry for my negligence.

VLC player is a widely used open-source program. You can download it from
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html#download

I bought a new sound card a few months ago and I have learnt some skills in video editing, so I am going to re-encode all the files. The new files should sound better and they will all be stored at the Google Drive.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to tell me.

Before (From Mia's Tape #9)

After

Last edited by katbert2008; 2012-06-07 at 21:52.
katbert2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katbert2008 For This Useful Post:
Old 2012-07-31, 06:18   #2
jwilliam2255

jwilliam2255 is on a distinguished road
Mikael's tapes (re-encode)

Hi Katbert,

Please let us know when you're finished re-encoding Mikael's tapes.

Med vennlig hilsen,

John
jwilliam2255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 22:26   #3
katbert2008
Releaser

katbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond reputekatbert2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliam2255 View Post
Hi Katbert,

Please let us know when you're finished re-encoding Mikael's tapes.

Med vennlig hilsen,

John
The re-encoding of all these tapes are done.

I am sorry to tell you guys that the raw data of Mikael's tape #17 is lost. Fortunately, the first encoding was done in a reasonably good way, but you may need to use VLC player to play the videos from tape #17.

I have sold nearly all my equipment and I have returned the tapes to Mikael. Stenar is now keeping Mia's tapes.

Equipment used:
Video capture card: ViewCast Osprey 240e
Sound card: EDI Juli@ 24-bit sound card
Time Base Corrector: 1T-TBC-GL
VCRs: Sharp VC S2000HM (SVHS PAL VCR), JVC HR-S4600 (SVHS VCR)
Cassette Deck: Technics RS-TR575

Software:
virtualdub, mencoder, audacity, MAGIX Audio Cleaning Lab

I handled these tapes with care. In general, I played them at most three times. VHS tape is not a desirable medium to keep data, so I start this project in order to preserve the precious recordings of Sissel's performances. I am very grateful to Mia and Mikael for their generosity and trust on me. Moreover, without Morgan's advice on a lot of things, it would be impossible for me to run this project.

I believe that I have done a job which is better than a lot of amateurs'. However, if you want to devote time to do a better job than mine, I am very wiling to share my raw data and experience.

Note:
I am NOT financially benefited from this project. On the contrary, I have spent money on the video hardwares and several computer hard disks. I did not and I will not ask for reimbursement on this project.

Last edited by katbert2008; 2012-11-10 at 00:59.
katbert2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katbert2008 For This Useful Post:
Old 2012-11-13, 15:47   #4
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
On behalf of the community I extend my thanks to you katbert. I know the immense amount of time you've had to put into this project but your work will be appreciated for generations to come. Sissel's remarkable talent is timeless and it's a shame the copyright holders to this material don't have the decency to preserve it for the future.

Respectfully
Morgan Wesström
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 06:06   #5
jwilliam2255

jwilliam2255 is on a distinguished road
I'd like to personally add my thanks for your massive effort on these tapes. You (and Morgan) have done an incredible job and I, for one, will not forget your contribution to the joy that Sissel has added to my life.

Med vennlig hilsen,
John
jwilliam2255 is offline   Reply With Quote