heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Main > General info & announcements

General info & announcements Everything you need to know to fully appreciate this forum.

Old 2008-04-15, 11:45   #1
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Are you being spammed through PM?

Unfortunately, a big problem today with forums like this, are people who register accounts with the sole purpose of placing advertisements on it. They use software that accomplish this automatically or semi-automatically. vBulletin, which I use on this site, is one of the best forum software around and is very good in denying access to these "spam-bots". I've taken almost every step I can to ensure they won't get in here but now and then someone is able to register. If you ever get a spam through PM - let me know immediately! Just send me a PM with the username in question and I will investigate.

/Morgan

P.S. If you want to see a sad example of a forum where the spam-bots have taken control you can watch the memberlist of Sissel's official forum:
http://www.secretgarden.no/sissel_fo...=ASC&start=250
Just hover with your mouse on the users' www-links and notice how almost everyone of them is a spam-link to some Chinese site (refuse the urge to click those links! ). The administrator of this site has turned off automatic registration and now moderates each registration manually. I suggest he/she switch forum software instead...
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 11:59   #2
KitKat4234

KitKat4234 is on a distinguished road
I just got one today (or yesterday as the case may be). User name of Jeannette and she was listed as banned.
KitKat4234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 13:12   #3
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Kath, same user spammed another member so the account was banned earlier today.
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:40   #4
smooks

smooks is on a distinguished road
Same person spammed me also today also.
smooks is offline   Reply With Quote