heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Featured artists > Other > Torrents

Old 2008-08-03, 06:55   #31
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Episode 1x14 has now been replaced by a version that also contains the preview. Everyone who has downloaded season 1 should remove the torrent from their BitTorrent client, delete the old episode 1x14 but keep all other folders and files with their original names. Then download the updated torrent and save it to the same location. This usually means pointing to the folder containing the Fame folder. If you do this correctly, only the updated 1x14 will be downloaded but if you save the torrent to the wrong folder, everything will be downloaded one more time.
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:49   #32
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Episode 2x17 has been added to season 2. Everyone who has downloaded season 2 should remove the torrent from their BitTorrent client but keep all folders and files with their original names. Then download the updated torrent and save it to the same location and the new episode will be added. This usually means pointing to the folder containing the Fame folder. If you point to the Fame folder itself everything will be downloaded again and placed in a duplicate Fame folder inside your present one so make sure to do this correct.
Old 2008-08-25, 15:38   #33
mildani

mildani is on a distinguished road
I had posted here quite a long time ago, but in the meantime didn't really have the chance to figure how this worked, and couldn't download anything.

As a matter of fact, I sort of disconected from Fame since it's not airing here anymore and I was busy with school and other stuff. But the other day I catched the movie airing on TV and I had this urge to watch the whole series!

I downloaded this uTorrent thing and hopefully I didn't mess up and this will work *fingers crossed* As of now I can't really tell because it's as if all of that info means nothing to me.
mildani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 16:31   #34
pp
Administrator

Hi again Mildani. I can see that it's working for you but the files are huge and it will take a while to download for you with your speed. µTorrent downloads random pieces of the episodes until everything is downloaded. I think you can right click on the torrent to see the individual episodes and then set a higher priority on one or two episodes to finish them first so you can start watching sooner.
Old 2008-08-25, 22:53   #35
mildani

Yes, my internet connection isn't the brightest and I've been experiencing some speed little problems as of lately.

Ok, yes there is that possibility, and I've just changed the priorities so that some episodes download sooner. I also saw this option to change bandwidth allocation between high, normal and low. Is it perhaps good to change it to high? Or not?

And, when I turn off my computer later, should I pause the download and then close the window? I just don't want to mess up since it takes so long already.

Once again, thank you so much for your kindess and all your help!
Old 2008-08-26, 10:08   #36
pp
Administrator

You're welcome mildani, I'm just happy I can share this and let other people experience the same pleasure I feel myself.
It's always a good idea to close all programs before you turn off your computer but you don't have to pause the download specifically. The download will resume the next time you start µTorrent regardless of how you do.
I'm not sure exactly what the bandwidth allocation do but it sounds as if it can give a specific torrent more or less bandwidth if you download several torrents at the same time which I don't think you do atm. I'm pretty sure you won't see any difference at all right now if you change it to "high".
Old 2008-08-26, 12:00   #37
mildani

Yes, I was just concerned if it wouldn't resume the download this morning again, but I see it did.

Yeah, I changed it for a little while but it did not make any difference.

Thank you once again. Hopefully I'll be able to let other people download it from me as well when it's completed, so that it doesn't take as long for everyone else.
Old 2008-08-31, 17:40   #38
mark1814

mark1814 is on a distinguished road
Just wanted to say a big thank you for sharing these wonderful episodes. I'm so looking forward to watching them. Finding this site has made my day. Many many thanks

Mark.
mark1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 22:22   #39
pp
Administrator

Happy to hear that. Now don't forget to eat and sleep!
Old 2008-09-09, 09:44   #40
blakey74

blakey74 is on a distinguished road
Ep20 Season 2

Hi just incase you may be still wondering why Ep20 Season 2 has not been aired well the answer may be due to that episode was a kids from fame live concert not a normal episode, although was in the normal line up of episodes so hence the episode numbers following on.Just a thought
blakey74 is offline   Reply With Quote