heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum  

Go Back   heavenly-voices.com Discussion Forum > Main > Support

Support If you have trouble downloading or watching or even have problems with the forum itself you can post here. You're expected to read all the FAQs first!

Old 2014-10-09, 17:28   #1
weiweiliangyan

weiweiliangyan is just really niceweiweiliangyan is just really niceweiweiliangyan is just really niceweiweiliangyan is just really niceweiweiliangyan is just really nice
Some doubts about Yasuko's caps.

First,Thanks to Yasuko's hard work,and I'm confused why all videos' audios are "AC3" not "AAC" in Yasuko's caps,and are "mpg" not "ts". As we know,"AAC" is only audio format in Japanese TV.when I talked about this with other cappers and Japanese TV videos collectors,they said they were not original caps, encoded videos,fake videos in a way. so I'm confused.what do you think of this? it's not necessary to encode.
weiweiliangyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 00:27   #2
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Yasuko hasn't been active here for several years so I doubt she will show up and give you an explanation. Six years ago, when she was still adding files here, my own knowledge was limited to the technical systems used here in Europe. I do recall a discussion I had with her about the m2ts files her Blu-Ray/HDD VCR was producing and that she had trouble playing the files and wanted to convert them to mpg. I wasn't of any help to her back then unfortunately but I did have a look right now at the Sarah Brightman video "War is Over" which she uploaded both as the original m2ts and as an mpg version. It turns out that the m2ts file is just a regular TS container and that file do have the original AAC audio track. The mpg version is strangely enough also a regular TS container but with the audio as AC3 instead so it seems she has used some kind of conversion software that transcoded the audio but left the video in its original TS container instead of remuxing it in a PS container, and then changed the extension of the file to .mpg.
I don't know how or why but this really only matters to purists like yourself and I. Most people on this forum would be happy with a crappy avi-file of those performances.
pp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 04:06   #3
weiweiliangyan

weiweiliangyan is just really niceweiweiliangyan is just really niceweiweiliangyan is just really niceweiweiliangyan is just really niceweiweiliangyan is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp View Post
Yasuko hasn't been active here for several years so I doubt she will show up and give you an explanation. Six years ago, when she was still adding files here, my own knowledge was limited to the technical systems used here in Europe. I do recall a discussion I had with her about the m2ts files her Blu-Ray/HDD VCR was producing and that she had trouble playing the files and wanted to convert them to mpg. I wasn't of any help to her back then unfortunately but I did have a look right now at the Sarah Brightman video "War is Over" which she uploaded both as the original m2ts and as an mpg version. It turns out that the m2ts file is just a regular TS container and that file do have the original AAC audio track. The mpg version is strangely enough also a regular TS container but with the audio as AC3 instead so it seems she has used some kind of conversion software that transcoded the audio but left the video in its original TS container instead of remuxing it in a PS container, and then changed the extension of the file to .mpg.
I don't know how or why but this really only matters to purists like yourself and I. Most people on this forum would be happy with a crappy avi-file of those performances.
No problem, after all,we have no wonderful videos from Japanese TV without Yasuko's help.maybe due to his/her recording equipment, I'm a HDTV videos collector,the format of Japanese TV videos I collect are "ts"or “m2ts”,and audios are only"AAC",why am I confused?because some people sold Japanese HDTV videos,and some original videos are rare,so those people converted videos which are not original recording into " original recording" to cheat collectors,it always shows "mpg" and "AC3",so those files are considered as fake HDTV videos.I see now, it dosen't matter~ thank you pp !

I have two original videos of Yasuko's,I'll post soon.
weiweiliangyan is offline   Reply With Quote