View Single Post
Old 2011-03-21, 08:03   #3
pp
Administrator

pp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond reputepp has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I can only speculate of course. It's definitely stereo (I listened to it on my headphones) although I agree the stereo separation has room for improvement. I know some surround amplifiers have features to artificially create center and surround channels from a 2-channel source. At least with my amplifier that seems to focus much of the sound to the center speaker which easily can be interpreted as mono so make sure you turn off such features.
About the mix. If you're specifically talking about the last track, the national anthem of Norway, I believe it's intentional. After all, this was a concert to celebrate their Norwegian heritage and the choir's participation in the anthem was in that respect equally important as Sissel's.
pp is offline   Reply With Quote